Any plans on supporting MQTT ?

openHAB for Qbus

Moderators: marc, Nico, Koen, Maarten

devastator

Any plans on supporting MQTT ?

#1 Post by devastator » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi Koen,

Thanks for taking the effort to 'open up' QBUS. Are there any plans to support MQTT ? Right now I've hacked it together using Node-Red (so NR subscribes to openhab events and publishes it via MQTT - and the other way around). For large applications this is really tedious.

In the IoT industry, you see a rapid adoption of MQTT for easy integration with all kind of products. Even mobile phones (Android - Tasker) can publish MQTT messages. By supporting MQTT, you allow the integrator to choose on which platform he wants to integrate QBUS. HomeSeer, OpenHab, Home Assistant, .... they all support it. I think this would significantly broaden your userbase and reduce development costs.

Just my 2 cents :-)

EDIT:
as an example: whenever I put my phone upside down on my night table, my phone sends an MQTT message. This will turn of the table lamp at my side of the bed. Using QBUS, this will even work if the Automation Server (in this case openhab) is down !

Best regards,
Devastator (custom integrator - not a QBUS installer)

devastator

Re: Any plans on supporting MQTT ?

#2 Post by devastator » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:57 am

Is this forum being monitored ? Response rates for a commercial product forum are really sub standard :roll:

Jeroenvdd

Re: Any plans on supporting MQTT ?

#3 Post by Jeroenvdd » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Well how does your question relate to openhab :)