Dimmer module DIM04SA doesn't work after upgrade firmware

Moderators: marc, Nico, Koen, Maarten

SVanBossuyt

Dimmer module DIM04SA doesn't work after upgrade firmware

#1 Post by SVanBossuyt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:01 pm

1) dimmer module used to work fine
2) upgrade firmware dimmermodule to latest version
3) dimmer module stopped working after upgrade firmware. Dimmer also doesn't react whilst using the 4 button's on the dimmer module - power is available and bus is connected as module used to work before
4) connecting to module results in err 255

Any idea how to solve issue?

NickP

Re: Dimmer module DIM04SA doesn't work after upgrade firmware

#2 Post by NickP » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:00 pm

I have the exact problem, after upgrading my CTD to 3.0.6 I have 2 dimmer module that is not functioning anymore, as result 50% of my lights are not working anymore!
I've tried to downgrade the CTD module back to V3.0.3 but that function doesn't seems to work, it keeps running on V3.0.6.
After contacting support they advised me to verify the firmware status from my dimmer modules. (Tools / Setup / Software) Here I saw that 1 module was on V13 and the other one on a lower version. After following the advise from QBUS support i've tried to upgrade both dimmer modules, the dimmer module that wasn't working is still not functioning and the other one is given error code 255 with a message that no firmware is found.

When I use the tool "Communication Check" all modules are communicating perfectly, can QBUS or someone else provide me a stable .muf file for the dimmer module DIM04SA?

All help much appreciated!

SVanBossuyt

#3 Post by SVanBossuyt » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 am

I removed power cable and disconnected the bus-cable from the DIM04SA module and reconnected bus-cable and power.
Afterwards, I was able to upgrade the DIM04SA module with the latest firmware and module is up-and-running again.

Koen
Site Admin

#4 Post by Koen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:36 am

Sometimes in certain situations it can happen that there is a problem with the firmware in the modules. Our latest firmware for the dimmers (V13.0) is a stable version and functions correctly.
If you have troubles you can, as mentioned before, dissconnect the power and the bus cable on the same time and then recconect everything again. In most cases this will solve the problem.
If problem is not solved, then you could connect only the module with firmware issues to the controller (dissconnect every other module) and reload the firmware.

Still having problems? Then there could be an issue with the QChip in the module.
You can have the module changed with our RMA procudure that you can find on our web site.